Each state receives funds from the federal government for their state’s child care fee assistance program. Onondaga and Cayuga Counties both distribute this money through their Department of Social Services’ subsidized child care programs. Subsidized child care is available for certain eligible parents/caretakers to enable them to work. Each county has its own application process and specific program guidelines – to find out if you qualify:
Onondaga County Residents
Day Care Subsidy Application Process
Day Care Unit contact information
Address: 421 Montgomery St – 5th Fl, Syracuse, NY 13202
Phone: 315-435-5683 or 315-435-2700 prompt #4
Email Address: email@example.com
Where can the application be obtained?
• Online at http://www.ongov.net/dss/dayCare.html
• Call DSS at 315-435-5683 and they can mail you one.
• Applications are also available at Social Services, 421 Montgomery St – 2nd Fl, Syracuse, NY 13202. Currently, we recommend calling or visiting the website.
How can parents submit the completed application and/or other necessary documentation?
• Mail the application to 421 Montgomery St – 5th Fl, Syracuse, NY 13202
• Fax the application to 315-435-5682
• Email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Drop the application in the DSS drop-box located on State Street (outside of the KOB).
• Bring the application into Social Services (2nd Floor) and deliver by hand. Currently, we recommend utilizing one of the other methods of submittal above.
Cayuga County Residents
Visit Cayuga County Day Care Services website or call their office directly at (315) 253-1446