CDA? What’s that? The Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential™ is a nationally recognized credential in the early childhood education field and is a stepping stone on the path of career advancement for family child care providers, center-based, or school setting staff. Demand is high for quality child care providers and earning your CDA is a mark of professionalism that is widely respected. It gives assurance to parents and administrators that they have hired a qualified individual to care for their children. Whether you’re just beginning your career or an established provider looking to grow your program, we offer a six-month CDA course that will give you the confidence and motivation to advance your career as an early childhood educator. The Child Care Solutions CDA Program is a unique combination of training and mentoring. This dual approach supports the CDA candidate while focusing on quality improvement within their program.
What does it cost? Child Care Solutions’ CDA program is $1500, including a $50 registration fee.
- Scholarship funding to participate in this training may be available through the Educational Incentive Program (EIP). For more information or to apply for a scholarship, please visit https://www.ecetp.pdp.albany.edu. You may also contact EIP by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at either (800) 295-9616 or (518) 442-6575.
- Funds for CDA training are also now available through CSEA/VOICE CDA Scholarship Program for registered & licensed FDC/GFDC providers. For more information, please contact CSEA/VOICE directly at email@example.com or at (518) 782-4426 or toll-free at (855) 472-6848.
Next Session Begins January 5th!
Our next CDA session begins on Tuesday, January 5th, 2021; this session will initially start out as an online course taught over Zoom and email, but we hope to eventually move to in-person instruction once we can safely do so.
We will be hosting two free CDA information sessions, one on December 9th from 6:30-7:30 PM and December 12th from 10:00-11:00 AM. Hosted by course instructor Lisa Potter, these sessions will give you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about earning your CDA! Whether you’re considering taking this course for the first time, have questions about how to renew your CDA, or a director wondering how best to support your employees earning the certificate, all early childhood educators are invited to join us for these sessions.
We are also happy to answer your CDA questions through email or over the phone. Please contact Lisa Potter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (315) 446-1220 ext. 336. You can also learn more about getting started with Zoom on your preferred device here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/200101697.
Click here to download the January 2021 CDA Registration & Information Packet
1. Download a copy of the January 2021 CDA Registration & Information Packet. Please print and complete the form, including the “Understanding the Financial Responsibility of Your CDA Course” section, this must be signed and dated.
2. Pay your $50 registration fee one of two ways: pay online through our website or mail payment to Child Care Solutions, 6724 Thompson Road, Syracuse, NY 13211
3. Submit your signed registration form to Child Care Solutions at the address above. You may mail this form in with the $50 registration fee, mail separately if paying online or bring to the first class of the session.