The Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) is thrilled to announce that the Child Care Stabilization Grant application is now open! This funding opportunity is available through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) and the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations (CRRSA) Act and allocates over one (1) billion dollars to support the child care community.
How does the Stabilization grant work?
The Stabilization grant is designed to provide impactful financial assistance to eligible New York State child care programs in a fast and easy way. OCFS has created a simple online application that is available in 12 languages. Once approved, six-monthly payments will be disbursed directly to the child care program. Payment begins within 30 days of approval.
The Stabilization grant application is available from August 3, 2021, through 11:59 p.m. on November 30, 2021. While funds have been allocated for all eligible programs, OCFS strongly encourages providers to apply as soon as possible. Any application received after the deadline will not be accepted.
Who is Eligible?
If you answer yes to all the questions below, your program is eligible to receive these funds:
- Is your child care program either an OCFS licensed/registered, DOHMH permitted Article 47, or an enrolled legally exempt group (enrolled with an enrollment agency)?
- Was your license/registration/permit/enrollment issued on or before March 11, 2021?
- Is your program currently open, or will your program be open by September 20, 2021?
- If your program is currently closed due to COVID-19, will your program reopen within 30 days of your Stabilization grant application submission?
- Is your program in good standing with OCFS or DOHMH?
First, go to https://ocfs.ny.gov/childcare-stabilization and follow the steps to create a "my.ny.gov" Personal account. Note: You cannot access the grant with a Business account.
Once you have a “my.ny.gov” Personal account, you will have access to the Stabilization grant application. Before you begin your application, please gather the following required information:
- your program's license/registration/enrollment or permit ID number
- tax ID number (if applicable)
- your program’s estimated monthly expenses
Federal guidelines allow Stabilization funds to be used for eight (8) purposes:
- Rent, Mortgage, Utilities
- Payroll, Benefits
- Health and Safety Training
- Facility Maintenance or Improvements
- PPE, Cleaning & Sanitizing Supplies
- Equipment related to COVID-19
- Goods to continue Child Care
- Mental Health Support for Staff & Children
Please note that awarded funds may be used to pay expenses/debt incurred on or after January 31, 2020, if those expenses/purchases were made in response to the COVID-19 public health emergency. While the program does not need to submit receipts or documentation to OCFS, the child care program MUST keep all documentation regarding the use of these funds for a period of five (5) years.
What do I do if I have questions?
If you need assistance with completing your application, please contact us directly. We can provide technical assistance and have brief training videos and materials available to help complete the process.
- Please call us at (315) 446-1220
- Email Us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or call the OCFS Stabilization Help Line: 844-863-9319
Do You Need Help Applying? Do You Want Someone to Show You Each Step of the Application?
Click here for more information and to sign up to attend the NYS Child Care Stabilization Grant Open Office Hours for Child Care Providers.
Upcoming Webinar/Zoom Sessions
Tuesday, November 30, 2021 Click Here to Join and to read in Spanish: https://bit.ly/3ktDP5o