Are you thinking of starting a child care program? Families in Central New York need high quality child care! You have the opportunity to help families in the community by becoming a family child care provider or opening a child care center or school-age program. Here are many considerations before beginning the process.
- Reasons to start a child care business: Your reasons for opening a child care program will affect the type of care you provide. This link offers insight into why you might open a child care program.
- Getting started. Gives you an overview of what you need to know so you can decide if running a child care business is a good investment for you.
- Preparing a business plan. Helps you define how much money you will need, how you will earn it, and how you will spend it.
- Preparing a management plan. Helps you plan how you will run your business.
- Training. Helps you plan the training you will need.
- Program planning. Helps you plan the environment and plan for the children's growth and development.
- Resources. Gives you local and national resources that will help you be a successful child care provider.
- Needs assessment: Before you invest money in a child care business, you need to determine if your community needs another child care center or family child care home
- Finding a Location: Before you decide to use your home for a family child care business or commit to a building for a child care center, you will need to look at indoor and outdoor space for health and safety issues. You will also need to check zoning and homeowner association covenants.
Child Care Aware/Child Care Providers: http://childcareaware.org/child-care-providers